[IRCA] Another SRF-59 owner - initial testing

[IRCA] Another SRF-59 owner - initial testing

I decided to "splurge" on the SONY SRF-59, as if I
need another radio (considering the amount of time I
spend DXing).  I found what appeared to be the only
one in stock at my local Best Buy lying in a pile with
the some portable CD players.  I would have asked one
of the sales staff for assistance in locating the
SRF-59 but all the clerks seemed to be busy helping
other customers trying to buy HD radios.

I could have pulled a "George Constanza" {Seinfeld
episode # 79 - "The Pie"} and hid the item until
January when our Goods and Services Tax reduces from
6% to 5% and saved 30 cents!

So far all I have done with the SRF-59 is tune in 910
and place it next to my Radio Shack loop. 910 is a
good frequency to sit on as nothing ever seems to
dominate. And I'm still hoping to finally log either
Minot ND (KCJB) or Drumheller AB (CKDQ) one of these
days.... The Cuban Radio Cadena Agramonte was loud and
clear at 2330 last night and WFDF (Radio Disney) was
dominating this morning around 0700. Neat radio.  I'm
just not used to not being able to punch up a
frequency or rely on a bank of memories.

73
Niel Wolfish
Toronto