Re: [IRCA] SRF-59 Eats IBOC For Supper!

Hello Patrick,

     Yes, phasing seems to be the ultimate solution for  the IBOC disease,
and I'm happy you can make KEX, KDZR, etc. disappear. I have  Gerry Thomas'
Quantum Phaser and it works well, but some of the newer pocket  radios like the
SRF-59 have some wicked new nulling ability that can put  both regular locals
and IBOC into the dust.  The S5W was my long-time  nulling champion, but this
$15 SRF-59 can actually equal or exceed its  performance, for some bizarre
reason.

     Speaking of the Quantum Phaser, Kevin of  Bainbridge Island has
developed an audio phasing technique which could give  Gerry some serious competion.
It combines the audio outputs of two  identical radios (SRF-59's) to cancel
out a local pest's signal, while leaving  the DX signal untouched.  His report
should appear in DXM before long, I  would presume.  At a cost of $30 for two
SRF-59's, Kevin's technique would  be perfect for TP-DXers having a local
nuisance (like KJR-950 covering 954,  etc).

                     73,  Gary