Re: [IRCA] 1260 Mystery

Bruce, Mike, and Pat:

You're absolutely correct... I finally heard a KWEI ID this morning but
first thought was that the power was way too strong to be them.  1260 in
Idaho Falls is talk and they have two strong Spanish signals in the area,
980 and 1420, so I wouldn't expect they changed formats.  I was guessing
McMinnville at first but they are rare here too.

KSFB really doesn't put much signal this way at night, and running lots of
talk is helping my DX chances.  I have heard Mexico City on 1260 before,
we'll see what happens here.  I can also null KEAR-610 very tightly and hear
a XE which escapes me at the moment.  It's also interesting to hear the
parallels on 1230 (KWG), 1240 (KJOP), 1250 (KHOT?) and 1260...

Merry Christmas!

Rich Toebe
Vacaville CA