Re: [IRCA] SRF -59 alignment procedure

Bill and Others,

     I took detailed photos of all the SRF-59's  internal circuitry last
night-- the discrete-component front side of the circuit  board, the back side
with the phenomenal 30-pin IC chip, and even the separated  front panel showing
the plasic dial linkage flopping around.  Any or all of  these digital photos
will be sent to anyone interested.  Bill, the  tuner is indeed sealed,and there
are no trimming capacitors.  There is only  one possible AM adjustment-- the
red-slugged IF can.

     For those of you currently using an SRF-59 for  great DX, the chances of
your radio needing an alignment are very slim.   Documented cases have been
noticed by Kevin S., and by myself, both of which  were cases that one SRF-59
had slightly less sensitivity than the other.   Bruce B. in Idaho sounds like
he may have an SRF-59 needing alignment (because  of sensitivity slightly less
than his DT-210V, the opposite of what my two  units indicate, but that has
not yet been documented.  For the rest of you  using an SRF-59 for thrilling DX,
I think you can rest assured that your "Lean,  Mean DX Machine" is running on
all cylinders.

                         73,  Gary