Re: [IRCA] CKBD-600 and CBU-690 both Vancouver BC apply to move to FM

Re: [IRCA] CKBD-600 and CBU-690 both Vancouver BC apply to move to FM

Gary,

I had no idea you have such a great FM antenna set up. I used to DX FM
more. I got most of the Vancouver/Victoria stations heard & QSL'd in the
80s here on the coast. But with our horrible winds, I cannot keep a big
yagi up. Even my small antenna gets busted up and I am taking it down to
put the elements back on it. I gave up on big antennas for TV/FM years
ago In Portland they worked fine as little wind on the West side and
also in Hillsboro, but out here, forget it. Maybe a commercial grade
yagi might do the trick, but with our winds, it would still take a
beating. Also I would not get Vancouver/Victoria like I use to as
Oregon/Southern Washington has too many new stations. I used to get most
of them, CKLG FM 99.3, CBUF-97.7, CBU FM-105.7, CFRO-102.7. CFMI-101.1,
great days. Now I get them on satellite. Nice signals, no fading and
excelent quality, plus most of the Toronto FMers, and others from across
Canada, Montreal, St. Johns, etc. But most are FM, even CKRW FM
Whitehorse. I used to get the AM, but that was switched a couple years
back. Star Choice is very keen on FM.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager