Re: [IRCA] CKBD-600 and CBU-690 both Vancouver BC apply to move to FM

Re: [IRCA] CKBD-600 and CBU-690 both Vancouver BC apply to move to FM

Gary,

I have Star Choice (SC) and get several of the Victoria/Vancouver
stations including The Ocean,, but no CISL or CKBD. Both I would love to
have on Satellite. Not many AMs across Canada, mostly FM in the radio
package, but I do get my favorite Vancouver talk station NW 98 on SC.
Like you, I do enjoy the NOS format CKBD has. I will miss it.  As with
many of the stations moving to FM, CKBD will probably change calls and
format. But 2.8 KW is not much on FM either. I get lots of CBC stations,
but I am surprised with this news. But with so many changing to FM, the
Vancouver stations were bound to come in time. I am sorry one is CKBD. I
have listened to the station from the mid 60s under CJOR.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager