[IRCA] The Lean Mean Ultralight DXing Machine, Part III

[IRCA] The Lean Mean Ultralight DXing Machine, Part III

More neat stuff to do with your SRF-59.

Unless you're out shopping, jogging, or laying in bed,
headphones are all too frequently not fun to use.

I have a Realistic SP-150 Communications speaker that
is rated for 8 ohms, 2 watts of input power. Of
course, it uses the 1/4" jack, but I made a patch cord
to convert from 1/4" to 1/8", plugged it into the
SRF-59 and voila, I have sound. Another alternative
would be to cut off the old plug and wire the 1/8"
size in it's place

A couple of cautions: The speaker is mono, so I'm not
sure if I'm picking up both channels or just one.
Also, don't expect ear-splitting volume.

Although I have a preference for the SP-150 (which
sometimes shows up on eBay) I would think that most
CB/Ham radio external speakers would also work just
well.

Just some more fuel for thought from a happy owner.

73 de Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, MI