Re: [IRCA] TPs for 14 Dec

Hi Patrick and Nick,

     Thanks to Nick's "774 NHK2 Barreling In" post at  0739 UTC, I checked
the band around 0830, and found not only 774 but also  747 with decent audio.
972 soon followed.  With one of the new  "Ultralight" contestants for the 2008
Shootout, the cigarette lighter-sized  Sangean DT-180V, I tried hard to pull
audio out of the strong carriers, but the  tiny thing just didn't have the
chance  to seal the deal. The SRF-59  has shown the ability to log medium-strong
TP's like last night's levels, but  this extremely tiny Sangean competitor may
need more Japanese RF  horsepower to get it done.  Anyway, its 9 kHz split
capability (and 5  memories)gives you hope of success, even if it doesn't make
any contacts,  hi.

                             73,  Gary