Re: [IRCA] Daytime skywave on MW

--- "Patrick Griffith, N0NNK / WPE9HVW"
<AM-DXer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I should have mentioned this earlier in the week.
> But I have been
> extremely busy. We were experiencing some heavy
> daytime skywave
> reflection in the beginning of the week on 1510.

At 11:00 I was still hearing substantial skywave on
the upper end of the band this week. WKDK on 1240 had
a lot of stations in the background at 11:30
Wednesday. BUT, weird, I was later able to listen to
WKDK 1240 until I turned the radio off at 1:30 AM.
Lots of skywave, but I could still listen to the
music. It wasn't very enjoyable, however it was there.
I am 11 or so air miles out.  Tonight WKDK was gone 3
miles from the house.

At 11 AM this morning WCKY was still pounding in and
hissing also badly on 1540. I could hear WLAC fighting
with WDRF. The local 1520 had IBOC hiss in the
background.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net