[IRCA] Daytime skywave on MW

I should have mentioned this earlier in the week. But I have been
extremely busy. We were experiencing some heavy daytime skywave
reflection in the beginning of the week on 1510. I'm not sure if this
was just a local phenomena or not. What we were getting appeared to be
very high angle reflection from our own station in the 15 to 25 km range
both east and west of our transmitter. We verified this by briefly
shutting our transmitter off and the skywave ceased. The reflection was
so strong on Monday and Tuesday that we were unable to get reliable
readings on the field strength meters. So we temporarily suspended that
project for the rest of the week. I think I recall that someone east of
here also mentioned an unusual daytime skywave reception in the early
part of the week.

Patrick Griffith, CBT CBNT CRO
Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/