Re: [IRCA] All Hail the SRF-59!

--- satya@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> There is also the big brother to the DT180V, the new
> Sangean 220V with
> 9khz tuning, 30 presets, clock/timer/alarm and a
> little more audio power.
> Amazon reviewers love it, although it is bigger than
> the DT200V and weighs over twice as much.
>
> Sigh...we'll just have to buy them all.....

I have one of these. It is decent on AM but doesn't
come remotely close to the M37 or the SRF M80V. the
SRF-M85V is the current model. Now, at least this unit
runs on 2 AA batteries. Of course I may have one that
is limp on AM. My ICF-S10MK2 is real sensitive,
doesn't have birdies. It's a bit wide, and sounds
good. The FM is mono. The earphone plug is mono. It
will only play out of one side.  NOW FOR A WARNING.
THE HEADPHONE JACK HAS FULL OUTPUT TO THE JACK. IT
WOULD BE VERY EASY TO DAMAGE HEARING !!!  I could even
drive some big speakers with a level that was halfway
decent!

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net