Re: [IRCA] All Hail the SRF-59!

Hi Gil and Gary:

Thanks for the good info on the SRF-59.  I'm also thinking of getting a
small plastic tripod for the SRF-59, since the nulls on its internal
ferrite looop are amazingly sharp (sharper than my Quantum Loop and Sony
7600GR), and being able to azimuth-tilt it through 360 degrees and hold it
in position might prove interesting.

One thing I noticed is that there is a successor now to the Sangean
DT200VX, the DT180V which, according to the online owners manual, has
provisions for 9 and 10 khz PLL tuning, plus 20 memory presets.  If the
noted shortcoming of the DT200VX was lack of splits, AND it had the
requisite selectivity for splits to begin with (does it?), does this make
the DT180V ($39.00 or so) the reigning mighty-mite?  Amazon reviews say
the DT180V has good AM and so-so FM performance, so hopefully the AM
section is at least a clone of the DT200VX.

There is also the big brother to the DT180V, the new Sangean 220V with
9khz tuning, 30 presets, clock/timer/alarm and a little more audio power.
Amazon reviewers love it, although it is bigger than the DT200V and weighs
over twice as much.

Sigh...we'll just have to buy them all.....

Kevin S.
Bainbridge Island, WA