Re: [IRCA] Pocket Radio "Shoot-Out"

I don't know if it would qualify for a pocket radio, but I used a
Realistic TRF 12-655 when I DXed in Utah around 1980. I commonly heard
the JOs which were using the more powerful transmitters, 666, 747, 774,
828, etc.  Of course HLDA/HLAZ 1566 was a relatively easy catch (Yes I
hard it with both calls on 1566. The best catch of all were the NHK
synchroes on 702. I also heard a few miscellaneous stations from DU and
other FE countries a few times. Most of the catches were heard with my
placing the TRF on the bottom support of my wedge antenna and
inductively coupling the antenna to the radios ferrite rod antenna. I
peaked the audio by tuning the wedge antenna. I wish I would have
recorded them somehow, but I did manage to QSL mot of them. Of course
this was before the band was crowded like it is now. What fun!

Bill  Harms

--
Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland

Check out the Spokane Radio History Pages
http://spokaneradio.philcobill.com

and the Spokane Radio Tower Pages
http://spokanetowers.philcobill.com