Re: [IRCA] web mailers

> *** Having one's own domain introduces another level of conplexity
> however. It requires either a combination of a degree of technical
> competence not all of us possess and also more time to devote to the
> domain and/or more dollars spent to pay a third party service to do it.

Not really.  For the dukes-of-hazzard.com domain, I just went to Network
Solutions and entered a few names I thought might be fun.  Yes, I already
did have an account there, but that was easy to set up.  I did that in 1996
when I was a real newbie.

Once I found that name I just followed the process to register it.  Then, I
had the choice to select email service right through Network Solutions.  No
other third party needed.  It really wasn't difficult, and I've talked a
couple of truly non-tech capable people through the process easily.

As far as time, it probably took a half hour.  The email is accessable
through the usual Outlook Express-type client, or IMAP web mail.  It really
was easy...

Craig Healy
Providence, RI