Re: [IRCA] TPs for 18 Nov

At 03:50 19/11/2007, you wrote:
>Nick
>
>It's interesting how we both reported similar conditions this morning
>with respect to the big picture, but much different experiences with
>individual stations.  Maybe it's a matter of when we tuned past
>individual channels, or maybe local conditions had something to do with
>it.

At this part of the season, it seems that conditions can be quite
variable over a minute or two on an individual channel, Bruce, in
addition to the longer term variability.   You have to DX pretty
intensely and be right there when it fades up (and yes, an SDR
recorder can help...).

At 1415UT, on the propagation monitor,  594 was actually at one of
its weakest points since its 0710UT fade in.   Possibly that's when
you tuned by; I lucked in within a minute of its peak after 1500.  Oh
yes, it came back around 1630UT, though not nearly as strong, but I
was having breakfast by then.

best wishes,

Nick