[IRCA] TPs: Nov 8: Interesting

At 1300, two hours before LSR (1510), the band was hopping. The JJs
were better than yesterday morning, though still not great. On
average, the Chinese weren't as strong as they have been (early) but
many were there in audio. At dawn, as has been usual lately, there
wasn't that much improvement.... in fact, most of the signals were
poorer than they had been two hours previously (1300-1340 UT).

HOWEVER, both early and late, there were really interesting things
coming in.... sort of like Nick's cloud was semi-transparent today,
but there were a few complete holes in it.

The interesting stuff:

EARLY
621: The Russian was there at very nice levels at 1310.. in fact, the
best that I've heard them this season.
783: UNID CC, probably Heibei is a very infrequent visitor.
936: Probably Anhui hasn't done as well this season (by far) as last
year. Was BOOMing in at 1315
963: The Chinese Russian Service was booming in at 1318, poor at dawn.
1107: All season, I've had a very wide carrier here that is well
strong enough to put in audio (but it did not). This morning, the
same wide-body carrier had (I think) Korean on it with an echo. I
should have recorded it but did not. The only thing PAL lists is a 10
kW South Korean.... so I was probably wrong about the language.  It
darn sure is someone with serious long term transmitter problems.
1323: China's Russian Service was doing very well early, but quite
poorly at dawn.
1440: JOWF was wiping out Medford both early and very late, but was
not there at dawn.

LATE
810: The Russian was in at dawn over Enumclaw daytimer and residual
KGO for better/longer than I've heard it this year. I've never gotten
enough for a report before, but got one this AM.
1026: Presumed Beijing, an infrequent visitor
1242: JOLF is a normal logging here but was missing until very late,
1530, then in quite well
1548: Absolutely a carrier there very late - 1525 - and imaginary
level audio (Nick's term). The audio was even fainter, if possible,
than yesterday.

I sure wish that I could come out and play with you boys with the
TAs, but my nearest antennas are the Wellbrook and the Conti Super
Loop and both point NW. So, Europe and the middle east is exactly in
my side null. Further, the west-facing semi-cliff that I live on goes
on up 700 feet above my head (darn near straight up) and Europe is
THROUGH the durn mountain. So.... I'm stuck with out TAs.

Well, it was an interesting morning.  I should mention that
presumed1593 CNR1 was heard as a het early and there was NOTHING
there later.  Most everyone heard this except me. Go figure!

John B.