Re: [IRCA] Who Stole The DX???

> Man,
>
> What a difference a day makes!!!  Yesterday was not quite as good as
> two-three days ago, but still magnificent.  Today just about equals
> my worst day in early August! Wow!
>
> I had intelligible audio on 657, 666, 774, 828, 891 and 1566. The
> first and last are Korea, the others are JJs.  Only 828 was above the
> language recognition level.

I was up earlier than usual -- to whip up some waffles
so I was at the dial about ten minutes earlier than normal
at 1405-1410

Starting at the bottom, the first sign of trouble was NO Het on 531...
and then no het on 549... and no het on 558... Oh my!
There may have been a trace of audio on 594 and muddy audio on 612.
There was a tiny het on 521 and better action on 639... a carrier on
675... nothing til 738 -- a very good carrier/near audio there...
a hint of audio on 747 and 774 but just barely... and that was it
all the way up to 1575 and 1566 where there were barely-there carriers.
---------------------------
MW DXERS Original SCRATCH WAFFLE RECIPE
---------------------------
In a big Bowl add...
1 3/4 cups white flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
pinch salt

Separate 2 eggs (whites from yolks) Whites into small bowl

In a small bowl add
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 Egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Whip egg whites to a soft peak

Blend milk-oil-yolk-vanilla combination (wet mix)
and then add to dry
Do not over mix.

Fold in egg whites - fold until last of egg white is just visible

Grill on griddle or waffle iron till golden brown.
Serve with butter and maple syrup
and a hot, hot cup of coffee.

Very tasty on mornings when the DX has tanked.