[IRCA] Alaska

IRCA,

I lived for 2.5 years on a Submarine when I was in the Navy.  A submarine
veterans organization decided to hold their annual convention on a cruise
ship.  My wife and I went on the cruise. An "Alaska Inside Passage Cruise",
and we returned recently. I have posted the photos at.

http://picasaweb.google.com/radioman621/Alaska?authkey=jTUUy16nMBY

Among them are a couple of photos of the stations in Ketchikan and the tower
for one of them.

I tried DX'ing from the ship, but unless I stood out on our cabins veranda in
the rain, or stood up and held the radio up against the glass door, I could
hear NOTHING.  The ship made a great shield.  Up against the glass window,
using my Sony SW-35 I could hear JOUB.

Steve
--
Stephen Hawkins