[IRCA] TPs for 11 October

The general conditions seemed down somewhat from the last several
days, though most of the usuals were there and at decent levels.
There were a few items of interest:

666 Had a Chinese station running CNR1 news at top of the hour,
mixing with the usual Japanese.  This is a Chinese semi-graveyard
channel with at least four stations listed for the Manchuria-NE China
region. No chance of an ID today.

837 was BOMBING in at various times all morning in standard
Chinese.  This was the CC signal that several of us have heard that
is NOT CNR1... there is also one lurking here that is//5030. It might
be the same station, but I doubt it.  The suspect here is a station
in Harbin, Manchuria.  Did not catch TOH, unfortunately.

918 Shandong News was excellent for most of the morning.  Their echo
makes music sound GREAT. At TOH, I caught time pips and there were
clearly just two transmitters involved in the echo, not the three
that I surmised several days ago. The time pips sounded like a
heartbeat: lub-dub, lub-dub!

I had enough time to try for Alaskans this morning and the conditions
to Western Alaska (about 1700 miles NW of me.) The Wellbrook Array
that I'm Beta testing did ever-so-much better than my big EWE at
nulling the back side of things. The results:

560: Continuous Country Music from the NW over/under co-chan San
Francisco... matches the format and schedule of KVOK, Kodiak

590: Continuous EZ-Listening Music from NW over/under powerhouse
KUGN, Eugene, OR... Matches KHAR, Anchorage

640  NPR Morning Edition program totally over KFI, Los Angeles....
Matches KYUK, Bethel

700 KBYR, Anchorage with IDs, completely over ESPN from somewhere south of me

820 ESPN programming from NW heard under KGNW, Seattle.... matches
KCBF, Fairbanks

850 KICY, Nome with a big signal on top of/wiping out local KHHO,
Tacoma... no ID here, but both religious programs that I heard match
their schedule.... They must be on automatic this early in the AM.

I've clearly got more work to do on 560, 590 and 820, but there
clearly is hope on each of these. The Wellbrook Array that I'm Beta
testing is really doing the work.  I think that I've described it
here, but in case that I've not, here is the URL
http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/phasedarray.html

John B.