Re: [IRCA] It's more than IBOC..

Thank you for your views Rick.  You certainly read a lot into what I wrote.

I am aware of what was written at the time the FCC abandoned the
policy, thanks for asking.  I am also aware the policy was modified
several times before then as a result of legal opinions.  But that is
all beside the point.

My point was not the fairness doctrine itself, but what it
represents, the threat of government oversight of content and the
potential impact that could have on the viability of AM radio.  If
you are unconcerned by that, that's your prerogative.

I did not mentioned any particular viewpoint, liberal or
conservative, though you seem to have some mystical ability to
ascribe such to me.  It is repression about which I wrote and once it
starts all viewpoints are threatened.

I'm sure others before were called alarmist and naive, who now wish
they had shown more concern before their voices were silenced.  But
if even only some stations find it economically infeasible to face
the potential losses of revenue added government burdens would
impose, then that is the concern I was expressing.

I would prefer this not be taken to a personal level, any more than
it already has.

W. Curt Deegan