Re: [IRCA] TP's for Oct 08

Listened from 1350-1430UT this morning, with pretty fair conditions
on the low band;

Having seen Dennis' and others' reports of the longwave Russians, and
knowing that this season, I've usually received little more than
carriers, I activated my AMRAD active whip on top of the roof, and a
16m square passive loop antenna to see if I could do better than the
Flags and the 1m square ALA100.  The answer...no, not really.  The
active whip delivers a fair bit more signal than the Flags, but the
local noise level, though not horrible, still was at least equal to
any broadcast audio (153 was the nearest to delivering anything
worthwhile.  Guess it's just a longwave black hole here.

      Asian unless noted.

Darn good audio, if briefly: 747, 828

Reasonable audio  (though often battling w/splash) 639 (China), 774,
963, 972, and briefly 981, China //5030

Not so reasonable audio, occasional words in splash or noise:   594,
702 DU, 738 DU, 792 DU,  855 KK talk and hum, 873 JJ, 945 seemed CC
but not //5030, 1134 (2 audios), 1287 JJ, 1566 (Chinese broadcast)

Burbles in the splatter: 567 JJ, 612 (surprisingly poor whenever I
checked),  756, 837, 918, 1008, 1017,  1269 (still not //1287), 1323, 1575

strong carrier, no audio:  657 hum, 1035, 1206 (off channel, likely
China), 1386

best wishes,

Nick

original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of
the IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers