[IRCA] TPs Wednesday Oct 3: Mediocre but Interesting

[IRCA] TPs Wednesday Oct 3: Mediocre but Interesting

I made a first run up the dial about an hour before dawn enhancement
and it was the worst that I've experienced from here this fall. There
was audio from the big Japanese: 594, 747, 774, 828 and quite a few
hets below 1000 kHz and virtually nothing above. The one thing of
interest on the first run was that I happened to hear a couple of
news items from Alaska on 630... amongst the jumble of a couple of NW
local stations.  That was most likely KJNO, Juneau.  This thanks to
my beta version of the Wellbrook Array.

The second run up the dial at dawn brought about 2/3 of the usual
suspects into the fold.... mostly from Japan. China and even Korea
seemed much attenuated. The most interesting of the JJs were NHK1
Synchros on 963, topping the CNR RR broadcast and JOIR,
Sendai,  heard well twice on 1260, thanks to the Wellbrook Array.  I
only heard this station once in the Queen Charlottes and never before
from here on Orcas Island. I also had what I think were the Hokkaido
Broadcasting Co.'s Synchros on 1269 and JOWF beating out the NW
regionals on 1440. Finally, I think the signals on 1026 and 1062 were
Filipinos, but they faded before I could be sure.  So, the pickins
were sparse, especialy on the Top Band, but interesting, none the less!

John B.