Re: [IRCA] Housing the RF-Space SDR-IQ

> What is the difference in the SDR-14 and the SDR-IQ?  The issue without
> a good NB is a big issue here though.

Well, I haven't really seen a good comparison.  However, here's what I
know..

1.  The SDR-14 does require a separate 12v supply.  The SDR-IQ runs off the
USB connection power.

2.  There are two antenna connectiona on the SDR-14.  One goes through a
30MHz low pass filter, the other goes right to the analog to digital
converter and supposedly has a bandwidth up to 230MHz.  I'm sure it requires
band filtering.

3.  I think the SDR-14 has a preamp on the 30MHz low pass filter port.

4.  It's a bit larger, though not by much.

Beyond that, I don't know.  I came home tonight and there was a note on my
door that UPS had tried to deliver a package from Universal Radio today that
needed a signature.  So, it looks like it'll be here tomorrow.  We shall
see.  I do have an older laptop that I probably can upgrade to Windows 2000
for portable use.  Perhaps..

I am really looking forward to letting the recorder run in the beacon band.
Curious to see just what it can do.  And pictures of IBOC, of course.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI