Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Visited all Maryland AM stations!

Bill Harms wrote:
> I finally did it!  Not only have I heard every licensed AM broadcast
> station in Maryland but I have visited and took pictures of all of their
> transmitter sites.

Congratulations, Bill! Even after all my travels, that's a feat I've
accomplished in only a handful of states: NY (now THAT was a project,
which took the better part of 15 years), MA, CT, RI and NJ. I'm getting
close to being done with PA, and closing in on IN and IA as well. Still
missing a few stubborn holdouts in VT, NH and ME. The recent trip to
NRC/WTFDA in Boise got me within a few AMs of completing Idaho, though
the missing stations are pretty widely scattered (McCall, Burley,
Montpelier, Orofino, St. Maries, etc!)

The only province I completed was PEI, back when there were still AM
stations there... :-)

> What next? Delaware?

That's not a hard task! During the 1997 NRC convention at New Castle, a
bunch of us managed to come very close. If memory serves, we got to
every AM in the state except the 1280 in Seaford in the course of just a
day of not-very-strenuous driving.

Maybe we can coordinate our efforts and both finish Delaware together!