Re: [IRCA] The beginning of the end - of IBOC

Re: [IRCA] The beginning of the end - of IBOC

In a message dated 10/2/2007 2:47:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
philcobill@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>>     I would like to see something from  Citadel itself with an explanation
of
what they want to do about it if  anything. They need to explain if this
is permanent or temporary. Maybe  they are turning it off to re-group so
to speak.      <<

I think that the very use of the word "suspend" throws a lot  of light on
this. As Mr. Webster would tell us, to suspend means to  temporarily hault.
TEMPORARILY. So Bill's theory about "turning it off to  re-group" is probably
accurate.

On the other hand, we can't help but be encouraged if they are  seeing far
more problems than they were led to believe. We all know that night  IBOC has
been oversold and undertested, and maybe now some of the suits  are coming to
see what some of the engineers already knew. If that is the  case, you would
think that other broadcast groups would be wise to follow  Citadel's lead.
73     Bill Dvorak     Madison  WI