Re: [IRCA] unIDed Filipino

At 11:27 AM 9/27/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>Chaz,
>
>Thanks for the offer. I may try a tentative report to the station at
>Cebu.It is the Manila BC. Cebu is very likely as I hear that area more
>than anywhere else. I have more QSLs from Cebu.  There is also a station
>at Palawan on 648 too. Now that would be a nice one as I have never
>heard one from there. What is your snail mail address.? I'll send you a
>copy. Maybe you can tell by the accent. TawiTawi I would like to hear
>someday too. Do you want it on CD or cassette?
>
>73,
>
>Patrick

Patrick,

It occurred to me that the "no English words" station probably IS the
PBS station on Palawan.

There was legislation passed in the National Assembly to legalize
"Pilipino" as the national language.

Pilipino is Tagalog stripped of foreign-borrowed terms, both English
and Spanish.

Pilipino is taught in the later grades of school, but it does NOT fly
with the general population. Flips are gonna talk like they wanna talk
and there are many, many words from English and Spanish that the
general populace uses in preference to the native words.

But PBS is required to try to use Pilipino, although in call-in and
talk shows, Pilipino goes to hell plumb quick.

Yeah, betcha it was the Palawan station.

My snail mail address is:

629 Saint Joseph Street
Grifton, NC  28530-8591

Can you use "flash" drives? If you have one, use it in preference
to a CD and I'll return it to you.

73 for now,

Chaz