Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Richard Wood has died

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Richard Wood has died

In a message dated 9/28/2007 9:59:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>>     I just received the sad news from  friend Ginny Boehnke, (wife of Chuck
Boehnke, who passed 3 years ago), that  Richard Wood of Hawaii died
yesterday of a Heart Attack. He was  67.     <<

Oh my, what a tragic loss to our hobby! I knew of Richard for many  years,
probably best for his language lessons on Radio Canada International. I  got to
know him on a more personal nature the past couple of years when he  would
regularly send in loggings to DX News' DDXD-West. We exchanged a few  letters and
one phone call (following the Hawaii earthquake of 10/15/06). He  was a fine
gentleman and a real asset to the DX community, and I feel  enriched by my
contacts with him.

RIP, Richard; you will be missed.
Bill Dvorak     Madison WI