Re: [IRCA] Weather and other emergencies

--- Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- "Powell E. Way III W4OPW" <w4opw@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> > And usually a tornado watch has been issued a good
> > time  in advance usually many hours.

> But often with a low degree of accuracy.

Not really. A watch means WATCH OUT.....it means
condtions are right for a tornado to form.  Now you
need to worry when there is a PDS Tornado Watch. You
generally only see those in tornado alley. PDS means
Pretty Dangerous Situation and is marked by special
words as in strength of tornadoes wind and hail.

Also when a tornado approaches AM radio static may
somewhat decrease in intensity but become almost
continuous.  Also TV low band will show you how severe
a storm is. If the Thunderstorm upsets TV on high VHF
enough to cause loss of sync it's time to worry. This
assumes you are watching over the air analog TV. I'd
expect it to blue screen a HDTV VHF signal.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net