[IRCA] Weather and other emergencies

--- Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- "Powell E. Way III W4OPW" <w4opw@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

> > > What's the typical tornado warning time ? 5-10
> > > minutes ?
> >

> > 20 t0 30 minutes or even more with the new radar
> >
> > > What's the typical hurricane warning time ? 2+
> days
> > > ?
> > >
> > > No comparison.
> >

> *** 20-30 minutes isn't enough to make me very
> comfortable. I'd still take quakes over tornadoes...

And usually a tornado watch has been issued a good
time  in advance usually many hours.

If you are ever in an 8 or 9 earthquake you'll change
your mind. I would not want to live near the New
Madrid fault, and I'm not going to want to live in
Charleston, SC for that reason either, and the 1886
earthquake did more damage than Hurricane Hugo did.
That earthquake rang bells in Boston! It's overdue for
that fault to fracture again.

Right  now I would not want to be in Indonesia.
Something big is going to blow up.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net