Re: [IRCA] WebTV users...

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> True, there are Web TV users as myself, but many
> others don't use snippets either.

I usually try to quote something of the text.

>That is not a requirement of either list.

Of all the lists I am on that is not a requirement of
any of them.

>The subjectline pretty well explains the thread.

Soemtimes, but often there's a lot of thread drift.

>. But if a person follows the thread,
> then snippets are not needed.

That is not true Patrick, and often I wonder what the
dickens were you talking about and hit delete.

> I never had trouble following a thread
> on the list.

On your on thread no, but others might.

> In
> doubt, I can always refer back to an earlier posting
> anyway, as anyone can do.

I IMMEDIATELY delete postings after reading. Another
thing is .... here on the east coast I've often seen
this list or my posts take up to 12 hours to show back
up. By then I have forgotten what even I said in some
cases. That needs to be taken into consideration. No
posts for 12 hours and then BLAM!

Pedanic Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net