[IRCA] 1070 (Radio Netherlands)

Hello Rene in Lansdale,PA,Bill in Victoria BC.The
Radio Netherlands Program you heard after 1 AM would
have come from a CBC station in Moncton NB.CBA 1070
with 50 KW was running a program called CBC Overnight
in which they rebroadcast a series of programs from
International broadcasters on shortwave for night time
listeners,which was started to keep network stations
on the air at night.(They used to sighn off after the
1 AM local news)If you can catch other CBC stations on
AM you can hear these shows at different times in each
time zone,I was living near Moncton when CBA's 450 ft
Tower was erected about a half mile from our house in
1968 after relocating from the Radio Canada
International shortwave antenna farm in Sackville
,NB.When that new TX was fired up I could hear the
audio coming from the kitchen stove.The whole AM band
was cluttered up by the new signal.Dxing was history
from that location.Some poeple in the area joked about
getting CBC in there tooth fillings.