Re: [IRCA] TP's for 09-20-07

VOA 1530 Sao Tome was heard very very well mixing with KFBK, but often

overpowering them and for at least a good hour or more.  1251 Libya

heard with Koranic chants, etc early in our evening.  Vatican Radio

with IS 1611 04:40 into a Slavic language easily heard.  Non-stop

English pop music on 531 ?who at 04:45.  VORWS 1575 in English at fair

to good strength from Germany at 04:30.  We also heard the new Dutch

religious station on 1008, and Holland also on 747, 1395, 1512.

Ireland on 567 (tent) due to splash from 560 (a local).  BBC Wales

882, and Northern Ireland (Radio Ulster) 1341 around 04 to 05 time

period.  Several French and many Spanish stations.  Virgin Radio

armchair again.  SDR-IQ is revealing many many new picks.  Alaskans in

great.  Heard presumed 680 Barrow with BBC news upto just before

14:00, but faded before ID heard.  Also heard both last night and this

morning 610 Whitehorse at great level (wind chill - 8 deg C

yesterday).  Russian Beacon on 685 this morning (HY).  Japan and

China....loads of usual and a few of the unusual...too much to list.

Nothing at all from DU.  Russia not great this morning.  Filipinos

galour....many to be seen when the SDR files are demodulated.  CRI

1296 and 1269 to S Asia ...VV and Bengali.  VOA 1575 was armchair, as

of course 1566 HLAZ, which continues to intrigue by whisps of central

asian or Indian sounding music from time to time.  Also heard some

talk in a central asian language there at 14:05.  1566 had County

Sound Radio again last night with audio.  All in all, the 2nd best TA

evening and a good morning, but not nearly as exciting as the previous

TP morning when we heard Sri Lanka, etc  (not heard today).

We're within an hour of tonight's TA activity, so good luck!!!

..........Walt (taking dictation from the fellas).

PS:  Patrick, nothing heard this morning on 1548 and I checked frequently.  Overall, a good morning, lots of Filipinos, but not nearly as good as yesterday am.  Still an average morning here, is a fabulous morning down there!!!!