[IRCA] Using the most remarkable Eton E1 receiver

[IRCA] Using the most remarkable Eton E1 receiver

Ok - so this is a test of the IRCA list too... but I thought I would throw in some useful information -- somewhat gibberish style to see how fast the message propagates...

Let me set it up for you - it is an episode of My Three Sons (crossed with the Twilight Zone) - the father is played by Ian McFarland... the sons are Walter Salmaniw, Nick Hall-Patch and I... and so the story goes.

Ian: "Okay! which of my boys was up at the break of day today!
Nick: "Not me Dad, I was out with Sue last night... first date and all... and we, I mean I was back in bed by 9 PM... slept like a log...
Ian: "Walter?"
Walter: "Dad, you know how first year of Med School has been? Who has time to get up?
Colin: "Gee Dad. It was me. I was up with the skylarks playing with my newfangled Eton E1..."
Ian: "Gosh, Son. That was wise of you... but did you attach a suitable antenna to your new radio? You know what they say: No wire, no fire..."
Colin: "Golly pops, the Eton E1 does not need a big antenna... with its built in whip antenna, it performs better than a one-legged pirate at a Celtic dancing contest!"
Ian: "Well! In my day..."
Nick: "Shucks Dad. In your day, radios were tuned with cat-whiskers and cooled with drums filled with PCP laden motor oil!
Walter: "And I see you are still using it in your hair Dad! N-yuk!"
Ian: "You boys! I'd ground you for the weekend if you weren't already radial grounded!
Laughter all around. And so concludes this episode of My Three DXers...

Colin Newell - editor/creator DXer.ca