[IRCA] Dashboard AM DX, 9/19/07

On the way back from a meeting east of Rochester tonight, I spent some
time assessing the interference situation and seeing if there was any DX
to be had underneath...and here's what it sounded like around 9 PM,
about 6 miles east of Rochester (Penfield NY) on the 2003 VW Jetta
factory radio:

670 WSCR clear, possible WWFE (or Cuba?) in Spanish underneath - no IBOC
from WFAN, thanks to the Mets game
690 CINF hashed into unlistenability
700 WLW clear
710 WOR clear but weak
720 WGN fairly clear, occasional hash as I drove
750 WSB severe hash
760 WJR very loud and clear
770 WABC **almost unlistenable under very heavy hash, presumably WJR's -
this is the worst it's been since night HD started**
800 CKLW clear
810 WGY clear
820 WWLZ/CHAM usual jumble - WGY IBOC off tonight?
890 WLS very clean - no WCBS IBOC during Yankees game
1020 KDKA moderate hash, not unlistenable though
1030 WBZ clean but weak
1040 WYSL under mild, but not unlistenable hash from WBZ - but also some
WHO audio underneath, which is rare here since WYSL went on the air at night
1070 CBA listenable but some mild hash
1080 WTIC clear with Red Sox game (grrr....)
1090 WBAL audible but minor WTIC/WTAM hash
1100 WTAM clear
1110 WBT weak, but probably a result of propagation, not hash
1120 KMOX weak but listenable, no hash
1200 WAGE-VA? - same sports talk as WBAL, surprisingly good over/under
hash from WPHT
1220 WHK weak under WPHT hash
1290 UnID - sports talk about C.C. Sabathia - who? (Not WHIO-OH, which
is doing Michael Savage at 9.) (this is next to super-local WHTK 1280,
which has IBOC by day but not yet at night.)

The real surprise tonight was just how bad WABC was under WJR. The
interplay between WABC and WJR has been extremely variable. Back home,
an hour later and about 5 miles west, and on the R8A instead of the car
radio, WABC is back to full quieting and WJR's taking noise.

By the way, there's either some problem with my mail getting to ABDX, or
the management there has decided to moderate my posts, without actually
coming out and saying so. That seems like a strange choice, given the
plea for loggings there, but so be it, if that's the case...