Re: [IRCA] DX Heaven....

Neil,

NW Iowa would still be a great place for dx.  From 1979-1984 I took a portable radio & SM-2 with me and had great results.  Didn't do it after that as I was getting too much flack from my
family and my Mom was failing.

My wife is a very tolerant woman but living in rural Iowa after spending all her life in San Francisco is a subject that is best avoided if I intend to remain married :-).

That's not always the case.  Remember, Steve Hawkins pulled out of Northern California and bought a farm just outside Boone (near Ames) Iowa and from all reports he's sent he loves it there.
For dx and otherwise.

The idea is fine though.  Nice to be away from all the man made noise I have here in the city.

Have fun in Grafton.

73

Don K.