[IRCA] Phasing /RF notch, etc.

KAZ,

I don't give up that easily. The Wellbrook Array sounds like it does
have some good directional properties. But time will tell. I noticed
several HD signals on in the middle of the night here, KSTE-650 and
KCVR-1570, so some started earlier than expected.  KSTE-650 on 639 was
an issue until after LSR here, then they faded out and I could hear CC
on there. But they did not affect 666 that much. I could hear in the the
LSB, but switching to the USB, the hash was gone. So, unless the dial
gets overlapped with them, there still is DX to be had.
   Here is a question I will throw out. Years ago, I read about an RF
notch filter that the Europeans had built for Norway 1314 to cut down on
their huge signal. As I remember, notching out 1314, you still could DX
1323 and 1305, and only a few DB down on each side using the notch. Has
anyone tried this on an HD signal? In phasing, you knock it down enough,
the sideband hash does cut way down or in some cases goes away. Any
comments?

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin