[IRCA] DXing Japan and Korea from Oklahoma

[IRCA] DXing Japan and Korea from Oklahoma

JD didn't want to hear about stuff twenty years ago, so I didn't
chime in.... nevertheless, the only time that I;'ve heard the Far
East from Oklahoma was on my first DXpedition with Beverages in 1988.
Mitch Sams, Kirk Allen and I heard the Big Four NHK-2 stations quite
well and heard a number of European and North Africans that same
weekend. The TPs came in either at local sunset at the transmitter or
at about 8:00PM at the the transmitter.... the late night, but well
before dawn in Oklahoma.  Since the Beverage as in a cow pasture at
my house, I continued to get the TPs for about a week.  Since then,
the few times that I've tried for them, they weren't there.  JD, I
think that its technically possible, but I think that it is far too
rare to make a hobby out of it, even in Oklahoma, much less Alabama.

Nick was right about Raymond Moore in South Florida, of course....
but he was right on the coast and still only heard audio on rare
occasions.... Maybe you ought to try a trip to the Pacific Northwest:>)

John B.