[IRCA] TP/DU DX 8/23

What isn't in this morning should be the question? I guess no TA's, but
about everything in the TP/DU collection. A great start to the season,
to say the least!
531-2PM-Port MacQuarrie, NSW is S9 with two other DUs behind it. One is
PI in Samoan, and other is pop music. Two or three stations on 657, Dem
Korea mainly on top, but a jumble underneath. Also a weak garbled audio
on 654.8, probably Ho Chih Minn City, Vietnam that I had heard in the
past, but always too weak to ID.
Someone is u/KGO-810 with mx, China in Russian on 963 at S8, Then there
is KICY 850 Nome holding its own very nicely next to 840 KSWB with Rel
mx, KBBI-890-Homer also good. If I did not have to get ready for the
flight to SLC, I would stay at the dials. But boy, it sure looks like a
great season coming up. But on the downside, I had IBOC on 1044 & 1062
(from 1050-KTCT) that wasn't fun. However, as it gets later in the
season, the signals from the TPs will be stronger and it will be getting
daylight later, after CA stations are long in daylight. That will help.
Also, almost forgot, Longwaves all over, Russians on 153, 171, 180, 189,
234, and 279. Plus traces on audio on 162 and 207, presume Mongolia.
Not a bad morning. I may have even nabbled someone new, if I had more
time. But there is always next time. But Wow, a great morning!

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager