Re: [IRCA] Coax update

Patrick Martin wrote:
> I found double shield and a good foil wrap glued inside. It
> looks like at least 3 or 4 covers of shielding.

This sounds like the good stuff.

> So I put a F fitting on
> it along with a termination and check for leakage. Still not perfect,
> but better.

Can you describe for us the exact "F" connector type?

Was this an "F" connector made for quad-shield coax, or whatever the
shielding was?

How did you prep the coax? I.e., did you do a 1/4-inch standard prep
based on the coax type?

What did you use to crimp the "F" connector?

Rick Kunath