Re: [IRCA] 1181 viewed from Scotland

As promised, I checked for the emergence of the 1181 signal on SpecLab
last night

Here is the plot:    http://paulc.mediumwaveradio.org/images/11814.jpg

Times are BST (deduct 1 hour for UTC).

The random yellow dots show that no signal is being received. The first
evidence of a signal is at around 2250 UTC and the signal is established
at 2305 UTC. The emergence of the signal is consistent with the previous
nights observations

This map shows the greyline at 2300 UTC:
http://paulc.mediumwaveradio.org/images/sunset.jpg

Sunset is just reaching Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic at this
time.

I note that the two directional plots on Glenn's chart
http://tonnesoftware.com/1180B.gif point rather more towards the
Dominican Republic than they do towards Cuba.

Paul
Troon, Scotland