[IRCA] 1181 Fidoman's last gasp?

At 08:57 AM 8/20/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Alright.
>
>  Again looked at 1181, 0830L, w/2010 & Mighty Benmar 555A RDF.
>
>Today, as yesterday, 1181 nulls //840 R. Dobleve & 1180 Reb, qth Santa Clara,
>VC, Cuba.
>
>1181 LOBS 151 degrees from this qth > Santa Clara &  //840 & 1180.

Z,

Were you noting anything unusual on Martí?

A second transmitter?

I can't explain how it was I heard Martí through the 2 x Rebelde transmitters
+ WHAM-1180 last night. Martí's pattern just doesn't send anything this way.

I figured that the US military was running another transmitter with Martí on
1180, and the Cuban government was running the 1181 transmitter in an
attempt to kill the two Martí transmissions.

Really weird to hear Martí on 1180, even though just bits and pieces.
Gonna try again tonight. Martí would look good in my logbook!

>Het may or may not be related to hurricane power troubles, idle speculation
>based upon slightly diminished strength of Pro 640 & el Wobblito's abrupt
>maestoso return to 1100 R. Cadena Habana. Probably unrelated. May. Or may not.

Signal on 1181 was +/- 1 Hz. A hurricane doesn't knock a transmitter off-
frequency exactly 1 kHz. That 1181 thing was there for a purpose.

>Are my posts getting through, re reported net troubles? Or merely wisely
>disregarded by discerning readers? Preferably, the latter. I wouldn't read
>any of
>the bilious tripe I, with all too great frequency, belch up, in manner of a
>cirhhotic with esophageal varicicles. Sweet imagery for a lovely morn.
>
>paul vincent zecchino
>
>pvz
>manasota key, fl

You're fine here. Just hoping you (and you're closest to the goings-on)
can clarify this 1181 thing a bit.

Carlitos

>  Charles A Taylor, WD4INP

  Greenville, North Carolina