Re: [IRCA] KGA degrade

Mike,

Are you asking from a DXers point of view or a broadcasters point of
view? I don't like to see any old station go away, or change calls, but
unfortunately that is reality in today's world. To me, the FCC blew it
allowing so many stations on the AM band. If we had a 1,000 or so, there
would be room for everyone and the stations would be making money.
   One station comes to mind, the 1390 station in Salem OR that used to
be KSLM. They were a classic Middle of the Road station with lots of
local personality for years and years. No one in the Salem market could
touch them in ratings. Now they are a relay for 1080 Portland (Sports
talk). What a real shame. Of course the old KSLM calls are gone too. I
have a neat old QSL card from the station in the 60s signed by Cal
Applegate, the CE that was there for years. He is gone now, but what a
history.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin