[IRCA] KGA-KPIG continued

Dan Strassberg's comments on this situation are quite interesting and
well thought out.  The key is that KPIG wants to cover something more
than a 20 square block area at night.  As it is now driving in the
western part of San Francisco from Brotherhood Way to Lake Street you
have KGA in the background (sometimes much more than that) of KPIG.
Other than nutty dxers like me who do you know that will put up with ANY
kind of interference these days?  It would no doubt help KPIG if KGA
altered their pattern in this direction and KPIG could up there wattage
to 2.5 or 5 kw.  I dunno about 50kw but then again if they beamed it all
toward Northern Japan what's to stop them?

KPIG is about the only music station left in this entire area on AM
nowdays, especially if KOIT-AM drops out.  I've always liked their
programming even when they could only be heard (here) on the internet.

Don K.
S.F. CA