[IRCA] Radio Marti 1180 DA pattern

At 01:59 PM 7/11/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>Id be interesting in seeing a coverage map for 1180, does anyone have one or
>know where I can find one?
>
>Paul

Paul,

According to the NRC DA Pattern Book, it looks like a typical ND pattern
for a 50-kW station, except the origin/transmitter site is on the edge
of the north of the circle.

I just looked it up, and was surprised. I thought it was elongated toward
La Habana; but in fact appears to be (as I described it) a broad beam.

There also seem to be no minor side-lobes common on many "tight" DA
patterns.

I expect never to hear RM-1180 unless they do an equipment test on
Monday morning on a single tower. Probably won't ID.

Incidentally 1180 and all RM HF frequencies close down 0000 - 0500 EST
on Monday mornings!

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
  Greenville, North Carolina