Re: [IRCA] Powell the (non) pirate

Hi Charles

> I think you can legally do 100 mW at 1720 kHz.
>
> Anyone know anything contradicting that statement?

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/13nov20061500/edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2006/octqtr/47cfr15.223.htm

Section 15.223 (link is above) says "The field
strength of any emission within the band 1.705-10.0
MHz shall not exceed 100 microvolts/meter at a
distance of 30 meters". There are some exceptions, of
course.

Question: if the limit is 100 microvolts/meter at a
distance of 30 meters, using the inverse square law,
would that be roughly the same as 3 watts at the
antenna?

Hope this helps

73 de Joe AB8YP