Re: [IRCA] SW EWE Day bandscan

Powell,

Don't need to go deep here. The soil is very wet, even damp in August.
In the Winter my ground system is 3-4 feet under water! Infact the
Winter before, the water level in the field next door was so high that
my pot where the termination is, was almost sitting in water. It came so
close within an inch or so from being in water. I was about ready to put
on my boots and go out there and move the control, but thankfully it
quit raining for a few days and the water level dropped off. That was at
my SW EWE. The ground here in most places is very soft. I can push a 5
foot copper pipe halfway into the ground by hand and hitting a few times
with a hammer, it is buried. Except the SW EWE where I had to go through
a lot of Spruce tree roots. Now that was not easy. I have a series of
copper pipes in a circle around the back of the house there. The yard is
"Copper pipe" happy here. hi.
No need for an 8 foot one.
  At the end of the Eastern beverage, is the Skippanon River that is 2
feet across in the midle of the Summer here, but 100 feet across in the
Winter almost up to the end of the beverage, so the copper pipes there
sit in water too. With 60-100 inches of rain a year and rain almost
every month, lots of moist soil.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin