Re: [IRCA] St. Helens Day Trip

Hi Dennis,

     Thanks for your comments.  Around Castle Rock  KOHI was easily received
on the Sony ICF-S5W (along with a weaker KOPT and a  very weak KVRI), but the
Toyota car radio couldn't receive any of  them.  Your 1997 Tracer probably has
a superior antenna to our car's  top-mounted stealth model, which had trouble
receiving any weak signals.

     Regarding the HAS station around Castle Rock,  I tried to keep track of
the HAS collection on I-5 going south from  Olympia, but my wife soon insisted
that CD's would be far more  interesting, so the effort was aborted.  It was
possible to keep close  track of KOHI, KOPT and KVRI, however, and around
Castle Rock, KVRI's sudden  signal drop was just as surprising as KOHI's sudden
strength (on the ICF-S5W).  Around Puget Sound, KVRI is extremely strong on
daytime ground wave, making any  reception of KOHI or KOPT really tough before
sunset improvements.

        73,  Gary