Re: [IRCA] DX Test Team needs immediate assistance! QRSS Files

Re: [IRCA] DX Test Team needs immediate assistance! QRSS Files

> Your broadcast test coordinator just converted to Windows Vista (My
advice,
> don't!) Many applications will not run correctly under this OS including
the
> "MultiTone" software that I was using to generate Quasi-QRSS files for DX
> Tests.

I have been advising all my clients, and anyone else who will listen to
avoid Windows Vista like the plague.  The bundled-in Digital Rights
Management (DRM) utilities not only steal about 10% or so of the processor
power, but they will prevent many media files and programs from playing or
working.  My son is in the Navy, and one of his duties is to analyze
software and operating systems for military use.  He has mentioned some
other things that run below the surface of Vista that are very detrimental.
He will not allow that operating system anywhere on any machines under his
command.

My advice to people who have have Vista-equipped machines is to format and
install Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro.  When these become obsolete, I will
probably go to either a Mac or Linux OS.

> I'm in desperate need of two such files...can any member help out?

Unfortunately, I have no tone-generation software.  Otherwise I could edit
up what's needed in Goldwave.  I am sorry..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI