Re: [IRCA] Copper/Radials

Mike,

The issue is, what stations will be willing to move to a new
"unchartered" FM band, when they know they have a good channel on the AM
band? Like in KAST's 1370. I cannot believe that they would be willing
to move somewhere that no one will hear them. For a new band to open up,
it will take years and years for the public to discover the band and to
buy the radios. Like most people I know have their old radios and they
like them just fine. Once they break, they will buy new ones. Many
people I know have no idea of the "X Band". A lot of radios don't have
them from just a few years ago. I think that is one reason KAST did not
see the reason to move. But I think they wanted their cake & eat it too.
They wanted two stations. They were going to leave their successfull
news talk on 1370 and have sports on 1700. Plus they would still have
1230.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin