Re: [IRCA] KOHI-1600's Underwhelming Signal

Re: [IRCA] KOHI-1600's Underwhelming Signal

I highly doubt KOHI would be able to get a power increase without
adding additional towers.

Stations nearby on 1590 and 1600, while they may appear to be far away
to some of you.. if KOHI were to increase power, there would be
prohibited overlap . KOHI has to protect adjacent
channels............... just because you can't hear something on a
certain frequency at a certain distance, doesn't mean the space is
"open".

Adding more towers wouldn't be cost effective, at about $20,000
installed for a tower of about 125 to 150 feet, which is needed for
1600khz.

Also, more likely then not, they wouldn't get any additional night
power without going directional as well.

Moving their tower might help get them a better signal in St helens,
but again, that is expensive too...........

(KOHI runs some of the same programming WABV does)

I am by no means ripping on anyone here, but just trying to explain it
from my point of view as station management, cuse some of this stuff
I've looked at for WABV as well!

Paul Walker

--
Paul B. Walker, Jr.